So, I got to play some hours of Battlefield 3 beta for the PS3 yesterday.
What I liked:
- The sound is awesome
- The realistic weapon recoil
- The Metro map is beautiful
- The rush gamemode made for some exciting playing
- The PS3 graphics are fine (better than COD), but not up to the hype
- The control is better than Bad Company 2
What I didn’t like:
- EVERY SINGLE TIME that I made a squad with two friends, it splitted it when joining a game. Sometimes even on opposing teams.
- We couldn’t manage to get the voicechat to work the few times that it put two of us in the same squad. Extremely annoying.
- Bugs, bugs, bugs. Spawn trapped in the ground, see everything in blue or purple hues, color “flashes”, suddendly you couldn’t aim or run, etc, etc, etc…
- The PS3 graphics are fine (better than COD), but not up to the hype.
- Only one map (Metro) and one gamemode (Rush). No conquest, no vehicles. If EA is releasing the beta with the hope of convincing undecided some players to buy the game, they’re doing it wrong.
- Too many COD-style players trying to run into the objectives alone or completely ignoring it, without waiting for the squad mates to spawn around. Nobody tagged the enemies.
- The controls are not as direct and fast as COD.
If they fix all the bugs it can be a fun game to play. But it won’t dethrone COD on copies sold yet.